Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Here we go again

After a teaser of some springlike weather and most of our snow melting Mother Nature decides that she is not quite finished with winter after all.  We are predicted to get a potentially historic blizzard with expected snowfalls of 16-24 inches and 50mph winds.  We were predicted to start with rain today and turning to snow tonight and continuing tomorrow and tomorrow night, ending on Friday morning but we missed the rain and are already getting heavy snow with schools closed, plows out and the ground is again covered.  So those hardy Minnesotans who were riding motorcycles and wearing shorts and flipflops on Monday when it was 50 will be back in their winter gear for a couple more days. 

I thought I better water the plants in the greenhouse in case I can't get there for a couple of days so I took a couple of pictures of the tomatoes while I was there.  We are still 5-6 weeks away from our last frost date for our zone 4 area so they have some time to grow yet.  The top picture are brandywine tomatoes and the bottom picture are Siberian tomatoes.  You can see the snow collecting on the plexiglass.


2 comments:

  1. Oh boy. I heard about these storms in the news. I have been holding my breath, since we usually get snow in April. So far, it's been just warm enough to make it rain instead. Not the spring I was dreaming of, but I'll take it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday we had thunder and lightning and hail in the middle of the blizzard. Lots of sleet so lots of power outages and downed poles near some neighboring towns. My power was only off once and only for about 20 minutes yesterday and it only flickered a couple of times today but didn't stay off but this morning my cousins who live a couple of hours away were hoping to have their power back on by this evening. Saw your apron post. Very cute.

      Delete