Saturday, January 7, 2017

Thinking spring

Several things have me thinking of spring while it is the Persephone period and bitter cold in Minnesota.

The first seed catalog has arrived this week:
Two recent finds at the thrift store have a garden theme:
Set of four salad plates with an orchard theme (above) and a large pasta serving bowl with heirloom tomatoes (below).
A Christmas gift from my daughter and son-in-law will hopefully help discourage some rabbit nibbling.
We are a zone 4 so our last frost date is May 23.  A little early to begin counting down the days or starting the seedlings but not too early to start planning and dreaming.
 
Not even close to a tablescape but some pictures of dishes so even though it is a stretch I will join Tablescape Thursday here.

4 comments:

  1. We are buried under about 10" of snow as I type this and it is still falling...so please, dream away of warm days, naughty nibbling rabbits and those seeds. I am all ears!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. I am sorry you have so much snow. We have been having a cold patch and usually that means it doesn't snow. It is going to warm up a bit so maybe...

      Last years garden was so disappointing but I am determined to be optimistic. Hope your weather improves.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much to come and leave a comment for my review post. You have a beautiful blog. Love those Spring plates. Happy New Year to you. Hugs Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sujatha. I appreciate your visit.

      Delete