Wednesday, March 19, 2014

what a difference a day makes

When Caitlin was at the farm on Sunday we hung a painting of a peony that she had painted on the gate.  On Monday I took this picture of it.


In this picture most of the snow is gone.  In fact there were still a few of the bigger drifts remaining but most of the yard was brown grass.  Spring appeared to be on its way.  Then on Tuesday I took this picture.






This was after the first wave of snow came thru but before the second wave had started.  We were predicted to get 6-12 inches and I think that we were closer to 6 in most of the yard, less in some areas but not the 12 that was possible.  Wednesday is predicted to be 40, Thursday 50 and Friday 40 again so I have a feeling we may melt a good part of this and it will only be a slight blip in our progress toward spring.  Thursday is the first day of spring after all.


2 comments:

  1. I like the first picture better!! Haha! We were supposed to get snow today, but it miraculously passed us by! The peony is pretty either way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love the peony. My daughter started doing more painting when she was in college. Unfortunately now she has a job to keep her busy so not as much time for artsy stuff. Most of our snow melted and then today we got another couple inches. and Sunday it is predicted to be 60.

      Delete