Tuesday, October 27, 2015

A few greenhouse pictures

The earliest planted greens are starting to get some size, most of the tubs have been transplanted into, the chains are nearly full of gutters and the seed mat is full of seed trays.  As we are heading into Persephone (in my zone it starts on November 7) I am pleased with the progress.  I thought I would share a few pictures.

 Above is the north wall.  The pots on the floor and on top of the yellow and black water containers are the herbs that we are hoping to overwinter to use for the wedding celebration next summer.  The gutters hang in two rows in front of the water containers. 
Mizuna

scarlet frill in the back and amara in the front

two romaines, a mix of green and a red
 In the tubs on the tables are the larger Asian greens, mustards and Chinese cabbages.

kale

Bilko

tokyo becana

joi choi

arugula

vitamin green

escarole

tatsoi   
On the seed mat are pea shoots and sunflower shoots and two kinds of cress, along with  newer plantings of some of the same greens pictured above.  I didn't take a picture of them because they are still just black dirt in a black tray with a clear cover but as soon as they germinate I will share a picture or two. 

I have to give a shout out to my mom who spent some of yesterday afternoon organizing my pots and tidying up the entry/storage area.  It looks great.  Thanks Mom!  You're the best.

5 comments: