Friday, October 16, 2015

miscalculated :(

It is a bit after 5 a.m. and my plan that seemed reasonable last night appears to have been unsuccessful.  Frost was predicted and I covered the tomatoes up near the house (as best I could with the staking) but the ones in the cornfield garden I was hoping that since it was only supposed to get to 33 and only that low close to morning that if I let the sprinklers come on as usual at 5 a.m. that it might protect the tomatoes from potential frost damage.  But when the alarm went off at 5 a quick check of the weather showed the temp already at 31.  I headed out with a flashlight to take a look and the tomatoes look to be done for.  Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! The weather is sneaky isn't it? It has been so warm here and now suddenly they are predicting freezing temps for tonight. I hope some of your tomatoes make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, the tomatoes are done for. We have since been enjoying some warm but windy weather. We still have some fall projects to do so I am thankful for that.

      Delete