Wednesday, May 8, 2013

a new gadget

I had a chance to do a little shopping at the garden shops and I was looking for a pH meter and was able to find one at Home Depot. 

I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I am hoping that it will help with the blueberries who love acid soil and are just not doing well where I have them planted.  It also measures soil fertility. 

It has been a busy couple of days.  Yesterday dad loaded up the tiller and we went to work on Lisa's spot at the community garden.  Here are a couple of pictures.  My battery died so I don't have an 'after' picture but the ground looked beautiful.
just getting started

Lisa and Dad

discussion in progress

Today I started transplanting seedlings into bigger pots and will do more tomorrow and hopefully will have pictures.  Also yesterday I had a chance to plant some potatoes in the new cornfield.  The potatoes were Lisa's from last year.  So far there are  three 20 foot rows with more potatoes to plant.  Today we had a nice rain, so I am glad that at least some of them are in the ground. 

Tomorrow some of the tomatoes will be going in big pots to eventually make the big trip to the cities.  They will stay in the greenhouse for a while longer.  We are behind schedule.  Last year at this time they were quite a bit bigger and by last frost date they were near flowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment