A couple days ago I noticed that one of my sand cherry plants which used to be a twig with leaves at the top was now shorter and minus the leaves.
I set about to find some way to protect my tender new plants hoping to use materials that I have one hand and came up with the idea of using chicken wire to wrap around an old tomato cage. I have both tomato cages and chicken wire. It worked pretty well and now I have seven chicken wire cages completed and installed. tomorrow I will do four more in order to get the new nut trees protected as well. I have been seeing a rabbit along the edge of the grove but have never really struggled with rabbits eating my garden before.
I did rescue the branches and trimmed off the broken end and stuck them in some soil mix hoping to root them. I am still hoping that the other ones will come back.